August 22, 2008

You choo-choo-choose me?

I finished this painting recently and I'm happy with how it turned out. Doing a character concept isn't quite the undertaking that an environment concept is, you just have so much more real estate to fill! As with all things, the more you do it the easier it gets, and hopefully faster too ;)

These are the steps I took to get to my final piece. This isn't a tutorial or anything, I just happened to save a few Jpegs along my way to completion and I thought they showed nice levels of progression. It's interesting to see what shapes were there from the very start.

2 comments:

myung said...

nice dude, your best yet! digging the texture detail and the personality of each person on it.

StudioRisingStar said...

Man Ahead this is great man!
Nice work. I love the level of detail you got in this enviorment.
You got to another level dood!

-Brandon